Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home Depot Writing Fake Reviews Online [Home Creepo]

Home Depot Writing Fake Reviews Online [Home Creepo]: "

As if you needed one more reason to avoid Home Depot, you're in luck.

Three years ago, I blogged about my terrible experience with Home Depot services. First, the company advertised a hot water heater as environmentally efficient; it wasn't. Then the subcontractor did a dangerous, improper install that broke code in at least three ways. To top it off, he flooded my basement and didn't tell me.

Lesson learned. It's over. But now, three years later, the company seems to care.

The following comment was recently submitted to my old blog:

'I just purchased a hot water heater from the Home Depot and paid for the installation. The price was outstanding on the water heater, the installer was friendly and while he did have to outfit my water heater with a couple of new parts, the overall bill was very affordable. After reading this page though, I decided to check into how much I would've saved with a local contractor to do the work for me. I flipped through my rolodex only to find that my trusty contractor wasn't in business any longer! I found a couple of others, got the quotes and found that the Depot was within $45-$60 of these guys. I have to weigh whether or not spending the extra money is worth having a business around that supports the lifetime warranty. I'll stick with Home Depot until they do me wrong. I've been able to count on them so far.'

The happy customer's name was listed as Marcus Clarke. Marcus's IP address? 165.130.136.206. Thanks to online IP lookups, it doesn't take Colombo to figure out that this is Home Depot Headquarters.

In other words, Home Depot is just as competent at countering its sorry image as it is at installing hot water heaters.

(Photo: Neubie)


No comments:

Post a Comment